July Favorites

I've been trying to think of a topic for a while. I was going to post outfits/fashion favorites but I haven't been able to take many pictures of my outfits. Then I was going to post about my cooking skills lately but I just posted about cooking the other day.

So I decided to write about my favorites of July. It was an interesting month. I have been applying to jobs, trying out new hobbies, and spending time with family.


1. The LORAC PRO Palette:

I bought this palette in May and it was my first high end eyeshadow purchase. I haven't done any crazy looks with it yet, but I have been using it almost every time that I do eyeshadow. While I am not experienced with make up, I looked all over Pinterest to make sure to utilize my palette as best I can. My favorite looks to go with have been....





2. Cooking:
I have decided to get better at cooking and have made 4 dinners for my parents and I this month. If you can get your hands on the Anyone Can Cook Cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens, you should get it. It breaks it down into skill levels from 1 to 3. It also tells you how to do the basic of things which is useful if you have no idea what you are doing (like me).



My favorite recipe that I have made from this cookbook is the Shrimp Stir-Fry and Ramen Noodles. It is a great way to spice up those ramen noodles you have left over from college.




3. My new Maxi Skirt:
I got this at Target about 3 weeks ago and fell in love. I have been looking for a good maxi skirt because I am only 5'3" and most of them are made for taller people or they have the slit up the side. I was looking for just a plain one that was jersey material and could go with just about everything all while not making me trip.



4. My favorite song of the month has to go to I'm Ready by AJR:
It is so catchy. I have to say I was not sure about it at first but then it grew on me and I can't get it out of my head most of time. Whenever it comes on my iTunes, I just have to sing or dance along.



5. Pretty Little Liars has been my favorite TV show of the month:
I still need to read all the books, I've read the first 2 but need to read the rest. The TV show just grabs you in. It is full of horror/scary, mystery, love, drama, etc.



I have also been watching The Fosters, Finding Carter, and Girl Meets World.

6. New Places:
During this month I have been testing out new things. Trying out new churches and going to events for 20's & 30's. I still have some friends from college and high school but I don't get to see them as much because they don't live around here or we just have different schedules. So I've been trying to meet new people and grow in my faith.


What did you love in the month of July? I would love to hear.

Comments