Summer Turning Into Autumn


I know It is just September first but in my mind autumn is September, October, and November. Once it turns September I am ready for the weather to get chillier, autumn candles burning, leaves changing colors, and most importantly being able to wear boots and sweaters. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing flowy summer dress, burning candles that smell like the beach, and enjoying the warmth, but there is only so long you can handle all that before you want things to cool down (just like in the winter when you want things to warm up).

This autumn is a little different for me. It is the first time I'm not in school, I can have scents that don't just come from air fresheners, I am able to be home for Halloween and carving pumpkins, and I just get a different vibe from this one. There is just something in me saying that this will be a good autumn.

Autumn has always been one of my favorite times. For one, I like transition seasons (autumn and spring) because there are more versatile. You can still wear some of your clothing from summer into autumn but you can not wear summer clothing in winter (unless you live in a warm climate or you want to freeze). There are always more things to do, including holidays, sports games, and just getting together with friends because more are home during this season.

I hope everyone has had a great summer and you're just as excited as I am for the cooler months to come.

What are your favorite things about autumn?

Comments