Have Faith



I know that over all my post there is one common thing I seem to talk about, the lack of job or job hunting. I'm sorry if this is repetitive or if you just don't want to hear about it. However, over the last couple of months I have wondered what did I do to anger God into not letting me get a job after graduation. Was he not happy with my grades, did I not do what he wanted me to while I was down at school, did he want me to go a different major then I did and I just didn't listen ..... The list goes go on and on. All these questions have my mind wrapped around one big one and that is "Why?".

I really went into a spiral in the past few weeks of this question haunting my every move. I would be angry at myself for getting the degree that I got because I thought it was just a slip of paper now that I don't have a job, I would get angry at having to live in my hometown because I feel like I don't connect with the area or the people, and I would get angry at God for not letting me have what I thought I need at this time in my life. 
But, during these past two weeks I have helped my family with consolidating houses for my grandparents, I volunteered to help a church figure out a better solution to their bulletin by using my marketing classes, I have been to the vet with one of my family cats to help figure out what could be making her sick, and the list goes on. 

This got me thinking ......... If I had a job at this current time, I wouldn't have time to do all these things, sure I would have an income and maybe my own place but I wouldn't have the time to help my family or churches. There is a reason I don't have a job at this time and it isn't for a lack of trying, it is because I don't have time for one at this point in my life. Granted there are days that just have me sitting around the house searching the internet for jobs and not leaving my room, and there are days that I wish I had friends around here, and a job just so I could use my skills for what I love to do.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't jump at the chance of having a job or friends if they came but I have finally come to the conclusion of trusting that this where I am suppose to be at this time. I wish I had a job because I get bored and angry without something to do and I wish I had friends to hang out with at night or on weekends. However, I am happy that I have my family and I have mini projects to keep me a little busy.

Maybe the job that is perfect for me isn't invented yet or maybe I have something I need to accomplish before I start the job that is for me. I am going to keep looking for a job and I might get a little discouraged from time to time, but right now I have faith that this is where God wants me to be and he will lead me to where I need to go (Jeremiah 29:11).

Comments