New Year, New You


I believe that if there is something you want to change about yourself, just do it. You don't have to wait for a new year, a new month, or even a new day. However I have always been intrigued by New Year Resolution. I have never made one before and when people do I have a bad habit of counting the days til people stop doing theirs (which I really need to stop doing).

I have decided this year to try and make a couple. Now I'm not the best at sticking to things when I give myself the list (it's different if a teacher or boss gives me a list of things to do and a deadline). I am going to try my best to stick to it, and if I don't then you can Tweet me and tell me to.

Here is my list of things:

1. Be more likable. Now I am an introverted, sarcastic, person. Not saying that I am a mean person but I am not the most likable person. I have a habit of thinking that if you really want to keep a friendship going then the other person would try as well or if they wanted to make plans then they would contact me. Yes, I know it can be the other way around but I tended to be the person that always contacts the other person first so, I wanted to see if other people would contact me. I found that I lost many friends that way. It makes me think if it was my doing or if they just didn't want to keep the friendship alive.

I have decided to be a more open person and a person people would want to talk to, get to know, and hang out with. Whether it is as a friend or even as a romance.

2. Blog more. I started this blog back in May to start writing about what I love (Fashion, Beauty, Travel, with the occasional life update) and also to start having a writing portfolio. I feel like since I have started it I have a writers block because I'm always afraid of what to say. I will come up with an idea and then I will think that nobody would want to read that. Or I can't find a picture to go with the post, so I wont post it. I need to get out of this block and just write what comes to mind.

I'm going to be posting about my families mini-vacation that we just got back from in tomorrow's post

3. Find a hobby that I like. I have tried to form many hobbies over my 22 years of existence but none of them seemed to stick. I would start a craft but then get bored after one of them. I would start reading but then get tired or starring at pages. I tried writing a book once, that didn't end well. 

So I need to find something that I'm good at and not get tired of doing it. Any suggestions?

4. Work my absolute hardest to find a job by May. Now this is not to say that I haven't been trying but I seem to get in this mindset that after I have an interview and get rejected, I stop looking for a while. I need to stop doing this. I need to pick myself up right away because there might be great opportunities that are expiring because I wasn't looking for a few days.

I signed up to take a couple of classes at the local community college, so I'm hoping that will help motivate me to keep looking and give me a little structure (one is online and one is Friday nights).

Now if you know of any jobs in the Washington, DC or Norfolk, VA areas that would be on the track to a Marking/Communications/Social Media career, then I would love to get to know you and what you have in mind.



Now this list may be added to but for right now, I think this is a great start.



What are some of your New Years Resolutions?

Comments