Winter Wonderland


Yesterday we got our first snow fall of the year. Yes it was mainly powder and we only got 1.5 inches; but with snow comes shoveling and wiping off your car. Now, when I have to go out and shovel; I don't really care about how I look. I care about warmth (that is why there are no picture of me shoveling). So when I was deciding which winter shoes to wear, it was a hard choice. I worked at the L.L. Bean in Tysons Mall about a year ago and I learned all about their quality and the process that they take into making all their products.

While I worked their last winter break, I decided to take the plunge and buy the ever so famous L.L. Bean boot and I could not be happier. I needed new winter boots and I knew that these are the best ones to invest in. They are handmade up in Maine and they are the highest quality leather and rubber. These boots are water resistant, not water proof so if you are trudging through water or very high snow for very long, I would not be surprised if your feet do get wet.


PSA: If you want to get classic L.L. Bean boots for winter seasons, you should to get them between March and October. They do sell out fast. I decided to order mine last December and they were back logged until March. 


Now this past September, my Sister and Dad wanted to check out some L.L. Bean shoes. While we were there my mom spotted these boots. They were my size, the only ones left, and on an incredible sale because they aren't being made anymore. They were a complete steal. They are the warmest boots I own and are perfect when you aren't going to get too wet and you need the warmth because the lining goes all the way down to the toes.


 L.L. Bean Women's Boots Quilted Faux-Shearling Lined Plaid 14" $149 (got on sale for $19.99)


Now with these two boots, I don't think I'll ever need to purchase a winter boot again. I ended up where the second ones yesterday but my feet got a little wet because the wind kept blowing the snow on me. However, I love both of them so much and am happy that I have finally had a chance to test them out.


What is you favorite brand for winter boots?

Comments