Everyday Makeup Routine

I would not call myself a makeup artist by any means. I only really started getting into it these past 2 years. I would wear it every now and then before but now I at least put concealer under my eyes before I leave the house. I don't know what changed but I'm kinda liking the idea of makeup more. I have a list of loves and wishes on my Pinterest page.

I try to keep everything as neutral as possible for everyday. And I only go this all out when I go to church, a place where I'm meeting people for the first time, or job interviews.



1. I start out with primer. Right now I'm using the Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer and I feel it works. I've only tried about 2 but I like this one out of both of them (the other was the Benefit POREfessional). I have a list of ones that I want try but I think this one will always make it my top list.

2. Then I move to my foundation. I'm using the CoverGirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup in L1. It seems to be working. It's hard to find something for how pale I am. I've been matched with L'Oreal True Match in N2 (leaning towards the cool side) and also BareMineral's BareSkin in Porcelain. I have normal/combination-oily skin and this foundation is a water based. I like natural finishes that you don't need to set with powder. The coverage is about light to medium nothing much but it covers my redness for the most part and it is buildable. I feel it may oxidize a little but it is not to noticeable. 
I do however want to try something new after I finish this bottle. Any suggestions for either a powder, a liquid, or pigmented BB/CC/Tinted?

3. Moving on to under eye concealer. I always bring the foundation up under by eyes just to get a base but I go in with Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant to cover the rest of my under eye circles and puffiness. I don't feel this is the best one though because it looks cakey under my eyes even without putting that much on. 
So I'm trying to finish this one up so I can try something new. Any suggestions?

4. The foundation normally covers most of my redness on my cheeks so I go in with a natural blush. This one is Benefit Box Blush in Dandelion. It is a nice one but I feel it doesn't last as long as it should for the price. Also you have to dip your brush about 3 times to get the color to show up.

5. I just found out about eye primers about a year ago. I didn't pick one up until this past summer. I found this Milani one at the drugstore and I decided why not give it a shot. I LOVE IT! It makes my eyeshadow stay in place all day. I don't have that oily of eyelids but I was seeing that my eye shadows weren't coming over as vibrant as they should have.

6. I have about 3 eye shadow palettes in my collection. All of them are from LORAC. There is the Pro, Pro To Go, and Unzipped. I find that my go to is the Pro. It has the most neutral shades. I normally go with Cream or Light Pink all of the lid and then Taupe in the crease. I do need to utilize the rest of the palette but I'm not entirely sure how. 
Also, do you all know any dupes (texture and color) for these colors? I'm afraid of when I run out and I don't want to have to buy the palette all over again for 3 colors.

7. I haven't actually tried this mascara yet (CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion) but I just finished the Maybelline the Rocket and CoverGirl LashBlast Volume and picked this one up to try next. I tend to like mascara's that are half wet/half dry and with a rubber brush. I feel the fiber brushes don't really coat my lashes. Also I like mascaras that voluminous and lengthening but I can't stand waterproof (it makes me feel I'm ripping out my eyelashes when taking it off). 
What is your favorite mascara?

8. I'm not big into doing my brows. The bold brow does not look good on me. I'm afraid of brow pencils and powders because of that. I tend to lean towards ashy blonde brows and so this Benefit Gimme Brow Brow Gel in Light/Medium tends to do the trick. It polishes them up a bit.  
I would love to know if you know of any dupes for it (color and wear).

Lip color changes all the time. Sometimes I just go natural with a chapstick. I also use my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me a lot when my lips have to many cracks in it for a lipstick. I love to use my Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquers, Rimmel London Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipsticks, and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks. I can't use them as much because my lips never behave and are almost always chapped.

I hope this gave you an idea about how you don't need a glam look for every day.



What are some of your favorite everyday products?

Comments