A Snowy Day = Answering Beauty Question

If you're on the Mid-Atlantic, North-East of the USA then you are possible getting snow right now. I'm looking out my window, watching the snow fall and hoping it doesn't stick. I was thinking of a post that I could do today and I was looking through YouTube and Bloggers for ideas. I cam across these questions about beauty. I thought, why not. 


1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
Besides chapstick, I believe my first makeup item was nail polish. 

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I have not found my perfect mascara yet. I would love a mascara that stays in place all day but is easy to take off at night. It has to lengthen and make them voluminous. It would definitely make my lashes look amazing. 

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I prefer medium natural coverage in foundation. I want it to cover my imperfections (redness and pimples) but I want it to look like skin.

4. Favorite high end brand?
I don't own many high end products but I have the most of LORAC so I would say them. They sell almost everything you need in a brand. I just wish they sold more blush and single eye shadows.

5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? 
I have always wanted to try Tarte but it is just to expensive right now to try. I would love to try their powder foundation and blush but in time I will.

6. Favorite drugstore brand?
I would say that is L'Oreal Paris for everything except lip products. I love Rimmel and Revlon for lip products.

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes? 
Honestly, I am terrified of false eyelashes. I have a fear that they will tear out my real lashes. I love the look they give for the people that can pull them off.

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
I can't leave the house without chapstick and most of the time under eye concealer. I have really chapped lips and puffy under eyes (mainly from lack of sleep).

9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
This would be my eye shadow palettes. They are the only high end things I own and I would be devastated if something happened to them. 

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I look online at makeup almost every day but I don't really buy anything. I normally wait until I run out of something and then buy another of the same or something different. I have decided to only have enough makeup that fits into a train case, anything more than that is just to much. 

11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely? 
I try not to spend above a certain amount for different products. If it is something that will expire quicker I tend to choose more drugstore friendly products. If it is something that will last and I really want to invest in it then I will allow myself to buy high end. 

12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics? 
I love to use anything that allows me to get a good deal on anything including cosmetics. I always look in the clearance bins and in the newspaper coupons. 

13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I tend to buy the most mascara because that tends to dry out the quickest for me. 

14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
I haven't tried that many brands but I am not the biggest fan of Physicians Formula. Not because I don't like their products, because I haven't tried that much from them. I just think they are a little too high priced for what they offer. 

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I find it very hard to avoid a lot of these things unless your willing to spend more money on products. So I can't say that I try to avoid them. 

16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
I find Ulta has most of what I look for. I love the drugstore side and the high end side. 

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
My skincare is pretty minimal (2 kinds of face wash, acne cream, eye cream, moisturizer, and maybe a face mask). I don't like to keep that many products so I use up what I have and when I'm at the store and see something that I want to try instead, then I pick it up. 

18. Favorite bath and body brand?
I would say it is Bath and Body Works. They have nice scents and products for an ok price. 

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
If money wasn't an issue I would say Bobbi Brown, Tarte, or LORAC they all look like amazing brands and offer almost every kind of cosmetic.
If money was an issue then I would say L'Oreal Paris. I love most of their products and I would just use tinted chap stick as I don't like their lip products. 

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I love Bobbi Browns simple packaging but I also love Too Faced for fun packaging. 

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Taylor Swift always looks put together and great in the makeup that she has on. Be it for every day or events. 

22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
No. I'm not that good at it. 

23. 6 Favorite Beauty Gurus...
I don't really feel anyone is fully a Beauty Guru anymore but I love how these people apply theirs: Casey Holmes, Allison Anderson, MakeupByTiffanyD, Amelia Liana, Essie Button, MakeupByAlli   

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
No I believe that every product has a sole purpose and they shouldn't mix, just like brushes.


25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes. I get mascara everywhere even when using something to cover other areas. I can't for the life of me put eye liner on properly so I just gave up.


26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes. I feel it allows the eye show to become more vibrant and it stays on better. 


27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Most days I only use shampoo and conditioner. I don't normally do much to my hair in a typical day except blow dry or straighten, then I use heat protector.


28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
If I'm applying powder foundation then I apply concealer first. If I'm using liquid foundation then I apply foundation first.


29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I've considered it to learn the basics but I've just decided to buy books instead. 


30. What do you love about makeup?
I love how you can change how people see you just buy applying even just a little makeup. If I don't wear any makeup then I look like I'm still in the lower end of high school. If I wear a little makeup then I look like I could be in college. It all depends on how much or how little you apply.




I would love hear what your answers are.

Comments