My Skincare Journey


Before about 3 years ago my skincare consisted of Cleansing Pads, Acne Spot Treatment and the occasional Face Wash. I don't know why but I just didn't really know what to do about my skin. I would always be breaking out somehow and my skin didn't feel too oily and it wasn't dry.

I mainly started getting into skincare because I started wearing more makeup daily. I found that the skincare that I was doing wasn't really cutting it for my skin and I really wanted to get my acne under control. So when I went to the store I picked up a new face wash and acne cream. I found it was helping but the face wash was drying out my skin so I picked up an oil-free moisturizer. This combination seemed to be doing well. I would still have cleansing pads on hand for days I woke up late and had to rush to class. I kept with this routine for about 2.5 years. I did find that the acne cream didn't really do much for me so I went back to my old treatment.

This past year I have really started wanting to try out new stuff for my skin. I took several skin type quizzes. Most of the quizzes told me I had oily, normal, or combination skin. They also told me have acne prone skin. I feel like my skin is normal maybe combination and acne prone. I also have puffy under eyes with the inner part next to my nose being blue and I've found that if I don't wash my face for 1.5 days, then it does get oily.

I tried a couple new face washes (L'Oreal, Olay, samples of Biore, and Neutrogena). The L'Oreal one didn't really do much. The Olay one I feel might be breaking me out a bit but I'm not sure so I'm still trying it out and it feels nice. The Biore seems nice from the 3 samples I've gotten (don't know why I've never bought it). The Neutrogena one was nice it combated most of my acne but I feel it was drying out my skin way to much.

I have also tried 1 more moisturizer and 2 new eye creams in the past year. This Olay one I have used a couple of times and I do like it. My skin is fairly red with big pores so I decided to try it and it seems to be working for the post part. Instead of having most of my face red, it just leaves the apples of my cheeks, my chin, and the tip of my nose red. I loved my Olay eye cream but I can't really find it anywhere so when I needed a new one I had to try a different one. I have been trying this one from Simple. It's ok but I feel like it burns my eyes a little bit which is odd because they try to use things that a good for sensitive skin. Although it may just be because I put to much on it got in my eye somehow.

I've also been trying a couple of different makeup removers. I've tried 2 eye ones, a face one, and wipes. The Neutrogena eye was good but it ran out so fast and it left my face really oily even through it was oil-free. I feel the baby oil that I tried works a lot better. I've been trying this Neutrogena face makeup wash which works amazingly. I've also tried the Neutrogena wipes but they leave my skin with this weird half washed feeling.

I haven't found my holy grail products yet and I have a list going of ones that I want to try.



What is your holy grail skincare product?

Comments