The Blonde In Me

I think Sun-In has been getting a bad rep from people. I don't know how their experience went in the '90s but I've been using it since 2007 and I love it.


In 9th grade I was starting to really not like my hair. I was born platinum blonde and as the years went on it started getting darker and darker. With me being so light skinned, I felt like I was a ghost. In my opinion it just was not flattering on me at all. So I asked my mom if I could dye it. I came home from school one day and I saw Sun-In on the table. My mom said that dying would be too much maintenance and cost and I didn't even know what color blonde I wanted to be. She said she picked this up because you aren't bleaching your hair and when the roots do grow, it will look natural.
December 2006
So the first time I tried it, I was on a cruise to Bermuda with my Girl Scout troop (all those cookie sales and fundraisers do wonders!) at the end of June. This is a picture taken within the first couple of days using it.
June 2007
Yes my hair looks red but honestly I think my hair naturally has red in it. When I was using a pink shampoo called "VO5 Strawberry and Cream" it brought out the red in my natural hair too. Like with any dye job going lighter is a process. It will not work right off the bat. It takes multiple times doing it.
March 2008
Now I've been using it for over 7 years....wow that's shocking.....anyway..... I have to say I love my hair now. It's a more ME shade. It doesn't wash me out and it isn't that bad to maintain. Yes, it is a permanent coloring (as it says on on the bottle). No, I have not seen my natural hair color besides the roots since starting. Yes, it does get brassy. No, I do not plan on going back.
August 2014
Like with any other way of dying or lightening your hair. Do take caution. Some ways that work for others will not work for you. Everyone's hair is different.



Have you done anything to your hair? Would you ever do anything to your hair?

Comments