What's in Your Social Media Bio?

I was looking through my social media bios and my cover letter and I realized that I still put 'recently graduated'. After graduating, when do you think it's appropriate to give up the 'recently graduated'?


It's coming up on the one year mark of graduating college and I still put recently graduated on everything. This may be because I'm still looking for a job or that I just don't know what else to put. I have done things since graduating but I feel they aren't as noteworthy to put in the first paragraph of my cover letter.

Since college ended I have been job searching every day, started this blog, have been learning all about the aspects of using social media as a tool for marketing, have been learning how to write HTML & CSS codes, and have been working with people on their websites or better ways to market their church with pamphlets.

I feel all these things have been benefiting me on keeping current and also giving me new skills that will be helpful when I finally get a job. Yes I have not been earning money through them but skills are skills and every one of them is useful in one way or another.


In my opinion people should give up putting 'recently graduated' on everything after about 2 years. That gives you time to learn the skills that you should know and it should also give you time to mostly figure out what path you want to take in life.




What is your take on 'recently graduated'?

Comments