Make You're Own Kind of Music

Music is a funny concept of life. Everyone needs it in one way or another, even just feeling the vibration of the floor. I have always had a unique style of music. I can range from 50's to rap. It all depends on my mood. I was just going through all my music to put on my many devices and creating mix CD's for my car. 


When I was younger, I didn't really get that into modern day music (yes it was the peek of Britney Spears,  NSYNC, and the Backstreet Boys).  I was more into oldies that I was listening to from my parents. I loved listening to The Monkees, Hermin Hermits, The Beatles, etc. I remember the only times I really listened to modern music was during Girl Scout camp outs and when my friend bought me a Hit-Clip for my birthday. I got into more modern stuff around middle school. I bought CD's of soundtracks from Disney movies and got into singers like Hilary Duff and Jonas Brothers. During college I got more into country music. Now I have mainly a combination of Oldies, Pop, Country, Alternative, Rock, Disney and a couple of Hip-Hop/Rap.

I believe your surroundings can effect what you end up listening to. Before college I only listened to a few country songs but now I always want country music when the weather is warm. I also started listening to more rap and hip-hop songs when I joined the volleyball team and went to school dances. Whenever I think of some of these songs, I think of specific people or memories. Like when I hear this one song, I think of an ex-crush or when I hear this other song I think of a family vacation. I love these types of memories because instead of just passing by a picture, if this song ever comes on the radio I can remember things randomly.

Some great apps for music are Remote (for controlling your computer music from your phone), CarTunes (for driving), Skiplayer (for driving), Spotify (internet radio), and Shazam (finding a song).

If you want to hear more of my music taste visit my Spotify (dotsnbows13).


http://www.alexandani.com/blog/?crlt.pid=camp.HyIxiFuguXNW


What kind of music do you listen to? Does it change each season?


Comments