...Unkiss your lips and kiss em again

Does anyone else get into the mindset of finding out everything about something? Whenever I have my mind set on something I always have to do as much research as possible.

This past weekend I was really in the mindset about find classic drugstore lipsticks. This being color and brand. I looked up when brands were founded, what they started out with, and if they still carry their classics. I found out that Rimmel London was founded in 1834 and Milani is just a baby as it was founded in 2002. I also have noticed that makeup trends change so much from decade to decade. Though some of the trends come back maybe a decade or two later and then disappear again.

I decided to compare red lips throughout the past century or so because that seems to be the one color that stays the same. Throughout every decade there seems to be a trend of red.

Revlon Certainly Red ; Rimmel London Kate Moss 111 ; Maybelline Red Revival ; 
Revlon Cherries in the Snow ; Rimmel LondonKate Moss 01 ; Revlon Fire & Ice

There are many different types of red lips; Blue Toned, Orange Toned, Pink Toned, etc. I chose a couple of the iconic reds. There are definitely more but I didn't want it to be that long of a post.

Certainly Red: Described as a vibrant pink and cool blue undertoned red with a creme finish. Launched in 1951.

111: Described as a bright, warm, orange undertoned red with a matte finish. Launched in 2001.

Red Revival: Described as a glossy vibrant blue undertoned red. Launched in the 1980's

Cherries in the Snow: Described a creme finished raspberry fuschia with a blue undertone. Launched in 1953.

01: Described a a hollywood blue undertoned red with semi-matte finish. Launched 2001. (similar to MAC Red [satin finish])

Fire & Ice: Described a neutral (can pull either way on different skin tones) vibrant red with a creme finish. Launched in 1952.


There are many iconic shades in every different color. This includes pink, nude, peach, etc.



What iconic classic lipstick do you think I forgot to include?


Comments