Confidence with Minimal Makeup

I grew up with not really caring all that much about make up. Sure I had my little stash of powder foundation, zit concealer, mascara, and a couple random eye shadows; but I never really felt a need to put it on every morning (except when my acne was acting up). Now I have a couple more things (my stash only fills up about half of a small handheld train case) but there are somethings that I feel better if I have on instead of going out bare faced.

I still regularly go out with no make up, but I do prefer to put 4-5 products on in the morning to look fresh faced. I have my :



1.) Olay Fresh Effects {Swirled Mattifier!} Redness & Pore Reducing Mattifier : To calm down the redness that I have and the oil at bay. I feel this last me about 8 hrs before I feel oily but I still feel matte when I touch my face.

2.) Simple Skincare Revitalizing Eye Roll-On (which I tend to only where in the morning). I like this because it is a thin consistency and if I put under eye concealer on, it helps it not crease or flake off.

3.) *Optional* I will sometimes use my Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Face Primer just to make sure everything stay matte (and frankly I just love the feel of it).

4.) Under eye Concealer (doesn't matter the brand but lately I have been using Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlight Concealer in Radiant) Since I have blue under eye circles (mainly the inner corner) I like to cover them a little just to make me feel awake.

5.) *Optional* If my skin is acting up then I will through on some concealer on the spots and around my nose. I've been using the L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer in N 1-2-3 which I've been really enjoying.

6.) Chapstick (doesn't matter the brand but I love Chapstick Moisturizer). I will sometimes use a tinted lip balm like Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me or Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom to liven up my face.

7.) *Optional* and if I really feel like it I curl my eye lashes (I just use my Earth Therapeutic Eye Lash curler *not shown*). Most of the time I don't really feel like it because I feel it makes my eyelash look a little fake. I do this when I really don't feel awake and need to look bright eyed.


I do notice how really only two of those are makeup related. I think that if your base is good then you don't really need anything else. If you have very blonde features you may feel the need for brown mascara or to fill in your brows but for me, these products work just fine.



What are products that you use to feel fresh faced?


Comments