Wanting a little change

So I recently decided to just go to the drugstore and pick up some new make up items. I went to a medium size CVS because I just didn't feel like driving towards a Target or anything.

My CVS has a pretty good selection on things. I went in there to get a concealer brush, a new foundation, some bold lip colors, mascara, and maybe a blush. I came out with most of that except the blush and foundation. I would have come out with them but I really wish drugstores had testers because you can look up as many swatches and reviews as you want but unless you can feel it in person, you aren't sure it's going to work for you.

Anyways back on to the things I did get....



I have had 1 brush of each essential one for a while and I like to have clean brushes each time I do my make up (either spot clean or deep clean) and I felt like that wasn't always the healthiest for my brushes. So I decided to pick up some new brushes to augment the ones I already have. I chose ELF Studio Contour Eye Brush, ELF Studio Eyeshadow "C" Brush, ELF Studio Small Angled Eye Brush, and ELF Studio Blush Brush.

Swatches done by ellaprettyblog.blogspot.com

I'm always on the look out for a mascara that volumizes, lengthens, curls, stays all day, and isn't waterproof (I hate trying to take those off at the end of the day). I was going to go with the new Rimmel Wake Me Up mascara (maybe a later trip) but I decided to go with L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Original and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara. I have used the Voluminous since then and I can honestly say it is becoming one of my favorites. The bristles are close enough together so they actually coat my lashes.


Also what do you think of new lip colors I picked up? Brights but still have a little bit of pink. I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone by getting some purples, peaches, and reds.



I think it's always fun to spice things up a bit even if it is subtly and you're the only one that notices.




Have you picked up any new exciting product recently?


Comments