Mixing Patterns

I am one of those kinds of people that normally only has one pattern going on in an outfit. If I have a patterned skirt, I go with a plain top and vise versa. This past week I decided to try going with 2 patterns. It actually turned out kind of good. I even through in a bright lip to just go even more out of my comfort zone.

Jacket : Ross ; Shirt : Target ; Skirt : Homemade (fabric from Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts) ; Boots (Christmas Gift)

I think this is a bit of a muted way to mix patters because I was just mixing different fabrics and different patterns of black and white. I mixed a little bit of floral, polka dots, mini zebra strips, and pleather. In theory I feel like this combination would not go together at all, but it surprisingly does.


I decided to throw in a bright lip to bring in the patterns of my skirt. I was going to go with a bright red but I decided that a purple pink would go a lot better.

Lip Color : NYX Butter Lipstick in Razzle


What are your favorite patterns to mix and match?

Comments