Current Skincare Routine

I feel like your skincare routine is always evolving. Even if you find a holy grail product, you want to try to the newest product on the market. I can't say I am any different. My skincare has definitely evolved over the years and still is.

 

Even though my products are changing, I thought I would show you what I am using right now and tell you if I would recommend it or not.


Now for a little background of my skin. I believe I have combination dehydrated (normal/oily with dry patches). I also am also a little acne prone but it's normally only 1-3 at a time with clear weeks in between.


The first routine I wanted to talk about is when I put on makeup. I don't  like tons of products on my face so I narrow it down before hand. I start out with just a simple swipe of these pads from Clearasil (which I have been using since high school). I move onto a clear eye gel from Simple so that my concealer wont crease as badly (which works pretty well for that, it also depuffs the eyes). Then I notice that my skin is a little dry and red so I throw on some Olay Swirled Mattifier which has a little bit of a green tint (It works well. It cuts the redness by about 40% and hydrates the skin while leaving a matte finish. There is a strong smell so I would be careful if your skin is sensitive).


Now if I'm not wearing any makeup and I have time I will actually wash my face. I start out with a hydrating facial wash from Clean & Clear (it leaves my skin feeling plump and not stripped). I move onto an acne treatement pad from Clearasil (it works wonders and keeps break outs pretty much at bay. It also is a lot easier to use then spot treatments). Then you have the eye cream of course. I love this one from Olay Fresh Effects (It has 3 cooling ball applicators and the cream is not thick). After all this my skin might be a little dry so I throw on this combo skin moisturizer from Neutrogena (it's more a gel texture and leaves a matte finish to the skin).


Once the day is over and I have any form of makeup on my face, I need to take it off. I use to use makeup wipes but honestly my face didn't feel clean after using them. I've been using this lotion eye makeup remover from Neutrogena (I found it works a lot better then liquid remover because you can really rub it but it doesn't dry your eye out or create wrinkles). I also use this cleansing oil from Neutrogena (it works great to remove all face makeup because it attracks the makeup and you can see it come off the face). My face feels hydrated after using the oil but honestly my face would wake up feeling a bit weird if I only used that so I normally go in with this foaming cleanser from Neutrogena afterwards (it works well but it is drying on the skin).

If I'm not wearing any makeup then I go straight into just washing my face with this night time cleanser from Clean & Clear (it feels calming and it makes my face feel clean after using it). I move onto an acne treatement pad and the eye cream from the morning. Then I use the oil free moisturizer from Neutrogena (yes it has SPF and I use it at night). This moisturizer is the moist moisturizing one that I have right now and it is too slippy to use in the mornings.

I normally wash my face when I am taking a shower so I will just replace my face wash with this St. Ives face scrub. This give my skin a little bit of a deep clean. Then I will just continue on with my morning or night routine, depending on what time of day I am taking it.


Hopefully you got some ideas on some products to try. I'm still trying to find some good masks to try out during pamper nights. I would love to hear what you recommend because I'm always wanting to try new products.
 


What's your favorite Skincare Product?

Comments