If I Could Take You Home

Wishlists are the best way to shop. You can look for as long as you want and you don't feel guilty for adding or subtracting things because no money was actually spent. I've created so many wishlist over the years. It has helped me figure out if I really need something and do my research before purchasing. I have also brought my wishlists to stores with me so that I don't just spend and stay on track.


It was hard deciding on the top products for this wishlist because honestly my list is very long. So I decided to have a little bit of a longer post and tell other options that I've been looking at.


1. I recently got the travel size of the Smashbox Primer Water and I'm really loving it. It got me thinking about getting a setting spray. I however don't want one that has alcohol in it which knocks out most of them on the market. That leads me to wanting the Make Up For Ever Mist Fix & Set Setting Spray because it is suppose to be good and without alcohol in it.

2. I've been trying to find a great primer for combo skin (normal/oily with dehydrated dry patches) but most of them feel like silicone which I don't like. I'm looking into trying the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Power Primer and the Clinique City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector (which has SPF!).

3. Concealer is one of the makeup items that I wear the most. Whether it is under a powder foundation, over liquid foundation, or just plain, I always have some form of concealer on when I want to make an effort. I've been trying to find a good one for under the eye and blemishes. For the undereye I'm look at the Estee Lauder Double Wear Waterproof All Day Extreme Wear Concealer or the Smashbox High Definition Liquid Concealer. Blemishes are trick in that they can look cakey with certain concealers. I'm look at the CoverFX Blemish Treatment Stick and also the Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12 HR Stick.

4. I've had a really hard time find the right foundation for me. I honestly wouldn't pay for a foundation that is over $50 because it does go bad after a time. However with most foundations, the shade range doesn't go fair enough for me or if it does it turns orange after a couple hours. But then you also want one that sits well on the skin, give good coverage, and lasts most of the day. I've been looking into the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super Charged Foundation and also the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation.On days where I'm just trying to be quick I go for a powder foundation, so I've been look at the ItCosmetics Celebration Illumination Powder Foundation.

5. Setting powder is great to set concealer or foundation. I've found it can either make you feel like you never set it at all or that it's completely matte. I've been looking into this Tony Moly Cat Wink Clear Pact for all around the face. I also have my eye on the bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo which has a matte powder for under the eyes and a subtle everyday hightlight.

6. I think I have about 4 blushes and 1 bronzer/contour. I've been hearing great things about the Sephora Collection Colorul Face Powders, all the shades look great (I've been really eyeing the Los Cabos contour shade). Of course I've also been eying the Fiona Stiles Bronzing Sun Veil in Ahiko because it's suppose to be fool proof. For blush I've been loving the colors of the Fiona Stiles Soft Cheek Veil and the Too Faced Love Flush Blush. I don't really like highly pigmented blush because I can easily start looking like a clown.

7. Lip color is the one thing that I change the most in a look. I'm not big on liquid lip products, this means lip gloss or liquid lipsticks. I'm more a lipliner, lipstick, and tinted lipbalm girl. I've been really wanting to expand my lipliner range so I've been looking at the Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Lipliner Pencil and the NYX Slide On Lip Pencil. I would love to find great automatic lipliners that aren't that expensive but I guess I'll have to keep looking.  
Now there are so many great formulas of lipsticks out there. I've been really eyeing the Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Lipsticks (Intense and Natural). Of course I have been loving the colors from the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick line.

8. Eyes I feel are the most fun to play around with. There are so many looks and colors that you can use on them. I'm in the market for a new mascara and even though I probably wont be buying one over $10, I've been eyeing this bareMinerals Lash Domination one for years.
Now, I'm not that great at eyeliner. Actually I'm pretty terrible at it, but I want to get better, at both liquid and pencil. I've been looking at trying the Eyeko Black Magic Liquid Eyeliner to try to get liquid eyeliner down. For pencil I've been look at the NYX Slide On Eye Pencil and the Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil .I would love to find great automatic eyeliners that aren't that expensive but I guess I'll have to keep looking.

9. I'm not that into brow. You most likely will not see me trying to do the "Instagram Brow Game" but I have been noticing that it is sometimes nice to fill them in. At most I will use a pencil to fill them in and use a clear gel on top. Most of the time I will do nothing to them or use a tinted gel. So to go with my type of skills and what I like I've been looking at the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Shape & Fill and the Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (I've tried this before but they've added more colors and different packaging).


Wow that was a long post. I applaud you if you made it to the end. Hopefully you got some ideas of products you want to look into.


What is one make up product that you would recommend? Or not recommend?

Comments