The Sun Will Come Out

I know I've pictured this dress before but honestly I love it. It has to be one of my go too outfits. Around Washington, DC, it is been rainy and cold lately. Yesterday was one of the first sunny days we have had in weeks.

I feel like all the clothes that I love in my closet are red. Don't you just have that color that dominates the clothes that you feel the best in?
  

This dress has to be my go too when I want to feel warm (it was in the 40's) but still want it be a little like spring (lightweight). The boots are something that I have never paired with this dress before. They were from my grandma and I never really pictured red going with brown. Boy was I wrong. I think they look great together. That's the thing, fashion has rules but they can always be broken.



When you give yourself 30 minutes to get ready, the first thing that I give up is hair and then the second thing is makeup. My hair just is natural and then my makeup is the bare minimum (concealer, powder, mascara). I feel like this outfit would have been pulled together if I had time to straighten my hair, put on a wing eyeliner (which I don't have the talent to do) and a red lip. But you go with what you can and you change it in the future.




What's one of your go to outfits for spring when it's still cold out?

Comments