Makeup Tutorial : Purple Eye

I decided to branch out of my comfort zone this week when trying out new looks. So I decided on a purple eye look. It brings out blue eyes and an it's easy one (no falsies or eyeliner).

Most of the items in this look are drugstore (with a little highend thrown in). You can change this look however you want to or keep it the same.


My face is kept to the products that I use all the time. The Primer used was L'Oreal Magic Lumi Face Primer and on top of that was my foundation, Smashbox BB Cream. The concealers used were Rimmel Match Perfection and Maybelline Age Rewind. I toped that off with the L'Oreal True Match Pressed Powder to set everything. I branched out and used my Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer and paired it with Benefit Dandelion Blush.


For the eyes I went for a purple look. I started out by putting LORAC Behind The Scenes Eyeshadow Primer all over from the lid to the brow. To make a solid base and not have veins poking through, I put L'Oreal Colour Riche Mono Eyeshadow in Paris Beach all over in the same places that the primer went. For the rest of the eyeshadows I use the Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Palette in Petal Pusher.



To start out I put the matte purple eyelid color in the crease as our transition shade. Then I went all over the lid with the shimmery rose gold brow bone color. To add a little more depth I added the shimmery mulberry eyelid color on the outer half of the lid. Then I place the matte violet shade into the outer v and up through the crease. I even brought the last shade down under the lower lash line.

I toped off the the eyes with Revlon's Ultimate All in One Mascara on the top and bottom lashes. Then I placed L'Oreal's Voluminous Original Mascara on the top lashes.

To finish off the look I used Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in You're All Mine all over the lips and placed NYX Matte Lipstick in Natural over it.





If you like watching tutorials instead of photos, you can watch my first YouTube tutorial here.




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial whether you read it or watched it on YouTube. If you would like more tutorials please let me know. Let me know if you like them more on here or on YouTube.




What are your favorite types of makeup looks?

Comments