Nature in the City

This past weekend my family and I were trying to find something to do. We decided to go hiking on the trails on Theodore Roosevelt Island. It's an Island that is in the Potomac River between Washington, DC and Arlington, VA.

The view from the island is incredible because even though you see city buildings from all sides of the island, you are in a little area of nature. I love these hidden features of cities. It makes you feel like you have gone somewhere far away but in reality, you are in the same place.



The day that we went it was really humid and hot but it was worth it. We saw tons of beautiful places and we got explore more of our city.



When deciding on what outfit to wear for the hike, I decided on shorts, a t-shirt, and converse. I didn't want to go too wild with the outfit. It probably wasn't the best idea to wear white shorts, but surprisingly they ended up being completely fine.


Shirt (Target, Old) ; Shorts (Target, Old) ; Shoes (Converse) ; Sunglasses (Payless, Old)

My makeup was kept simple as I didn't want to sweat it off. Surprising it held up even through all the humidity, heat, and sweating. I just wore a Primer, BB Cream, Powder, Mascara (1 & 2), and Setting Spray.



Overall, it was a great day. I think spending time with you family and doing something unique is an amazing way to spend a Sunday.



What is one place you would like to explore in your city?


Comments