Fall Fashion: Burgundy Skirt

If you haven't noticed with my blog posts lately, I have been loving finding different places around the area to take outfit photos. I think it is so much fun to see different areas that I haven't seen before. Today's post was taken at Lady Bird Johnson Park with the Navy and Marine Memorial.

When I was taken these photos, I was thinking how the color of my skirt matched the flowers. They were ready for Fall.


When I first saw this skirt (similar), I immediately thought "FALL!". To me it is one of the most perfect Fall staple pieces. The fabric is a similar feel to suede and the color burgundy is great for colder weather.


Since I wanted the skirt to be the focus. I kept the other parts of the outfit neutral. I wore a white shirt (similar), a black sweater (similarsimilar), black tights, and black ankle boots (similar, similar). I think it made the skirt pop and it could be a go to outfit.


My makeup was kept simple. I wore my primers (face and eye), concealers (blemish and under eye), powder foundation, tinted brow gel, eyeshadow palette (unspoken in the crease, undiscovered on the lid), mascara (top and bottom), blush, bronzer, lipstick (shade: Firty). I liked how the dark lip matched to skirt to tie the outfit together.


I could not resist putting this scenic picture in. If you are ever in Washington, DC, you should come to this not well known area and explore a little. There is a nice trail that runs along this park and it gives some great views.


I think this outfit will be my go to for the colder months. It looks put together but it is also simple. Those are the outfits that I go for. Plus, I have been loving the color burgundy these past couple of months.


When you go shopping, what has screams "Fall!" to you?

Comments