Fall Fashion: Sweater Dress

Fall/Autumn has been here for a month or so and yet it doesn't feel like it sometimes. It has honestly felt like Spring more, it will be cold in the 40s in the morning but then warm up to the 60s - 80s. I have been wanting to wear my sweaters for a while now, and I found the perfect way.

Since it has been cold and warm, the perfect way to wear sweaters is by having them be short sleeved dresses (similar, similar). Short sleeves allow you to throw on a jacket if you are to cold in the morning but you can shed it off in the afternoon when it gets warmer.


The big decision with sweater dresses, is tights or no tights. I decided to go with them today as it was a bit windy. I think they added to the style and made the outfit feel more Fall. I also paired this outfit with my moto boots (similar, similar) and a green belt for pop of color.


The place where I went to take these photos doesn't even look like it's 5 miles outside of Washington, DC. It is right by Regan National Airport, with the Amtrak train tracks right next to it. It is called Long Bridge Park in Arlington, VA. It's a beautiful that makes you even forget that you are in a city.


My makeup was kept simple. I wore my primers (face and eye), concealers (blemish and under eye), powder foundation, tinted brow gel, eyeshadow palette (cafe in the crease, chai on the lid), mascara (top and bottom), blush, bronzer, lipstick (shade: Firty). I liked how the dark lip stood out against the black.


Fall is such a pretty time of year. It brings out some of the best fashion but it also makes it complicated to find an outfit to wear. I think this is the perfect compromise. It allows you to enjoy the Fall clothing but also allows you to not crash from over heating.


What is your favorite way to enjoy Fall fashion when its warm out?


Comments