Fall Fashion: Thanksgiving Outfit

Thanksgiving is come up in the United States this week. It's a great holiday where you get to be with the people you love (whether that's family, friends, your pet, etc) and eat tons of food. Every year we get together with my mom's side of the family.

Depending on what you are doing, it is hard to pick an outfit for Thanksgiving. If you know you are having tons of food, you don't want to be wearing skin tight skinny jeans. If you are hanging out with friends you don't want to be wearing sweatpants.


Since I will be hanging out with family and eating, I want an outfit that isn't skin tight. I decided on a shift dress, tights, sweater (similar), and ankle boots. I think this outfit is dressy but not too dressy for a family gathering.


I thought a bow would tie the whole outfit together. I think it brings a more casual vibe to the look.


My makeup was kept simple as I wanted the focus on the dress. I went with primers (face and eye), concealers (blemish and under eye), powder foundationbrow pencileyeshadow palette (espresso in the crease, lt. bronze on the lid, pewter in the outer v), black eyeliner on upper lashline, mascara (top and bottom), blushbronzerlipstick (shade: candy buttons).
I would have loved to go with a dark red lip but since I know I will be eating on Thanksgiving, I thought I would go with a more low maintenance color.


I would love to know what any of you have planned of the holiday. Are you having a friendsgiving, a family get together, a movie marathon?

If you need more options of different outfits, make sure to check out last year's post!

What are you thankful for this year?

Comments