Holiday Fashion: Party Dress

The holiday season is starting to wind down. Christmas is this coming weekend and New Years is the weekend after. I love this time of year too much and don't want to see it go.

For this weeks post, I decided to put together a look for a last minute holiday party, Christmas Eve, or a New Years party.



I love lace and wanted to incorporate it into this look. I chose a dress from Forever 21 (similar, similar, similar). I loved the color and style as it was a bit of a fit and flare dress. To add a little bit of contrast and structure to the dress, I added an H&M belt (similar).



Since this is in the winter and a bit chilly out, I decided to go with a nice blazer/suit jacket on top from H&M (similar). I thought it would go nicely for any occasion that you might be dressing for. Also since this outfit is for a night out, I decided to go with some fleece lined tights. Now if you live in a warmer climate, by all means go without tights or have some sheer ones.



To tie the outfit together I decided to put on some ankle boots (similar, similar). This is because it is winter and it will most likely be cold when you are wearing this outfit. I think it i would even look good with some closed toed black or burgundy heels. I never show bags in my outfit posts, but since this is a going out outfit, you will need something to carry all your things. I threw in this wristlet/clutch (similar, similar). This bag is just a classic shape and structure and doesn't take to much attention away from the rest of the look.



I wanted to play up the eyes with this look and tie in some of the burgundy. I went with face primer (smoothing and glowing mixed together) and eye primer, concealers (blemish and under eye), powder foundationbrow gel (shade: blonde)eyeshadow palette (unconditional in the crease, unattainable on the lid, unbridled in the outer v and lower lash line, and undercover under the brow and in the tear duct), eyeliner on the upper lash line, mascara (top and bottom), blush (similar in baby doll)bronzer. Since I went a bit heavier on the eye, I went for a more natural pink lip with this lipliner in eastend snob and this lipstick in matte darling.



For my hair, I decided to bring the burgundy up and use a bow to tie back a half braid. Honestly this look would also look great with curled hair.

I think this outfit is a great blend of holiday colors without going overboard on red, green, and silver. I have gone with a red Christmas dress for the last couple of years and have decided to go with a different color this time.


What your favorite party look from this holiday season?

Comments