New Year Clean Out

So the new year is here. It feels weird to write 2017 instead of 2016 but I guess we'll get use to it. I feel like one of the big things that people do at the start of the year is create a new year's resolution. Whether this is go to the gym more, travel the world, or clean out your house, everyone finds some improvement that can be made in their lives.


One thing that I have wanted to do for a while is to deep clean my closet. I don't have the best set up for all my clothes (and as you can tell from my blog, I love clothes). I have them all over the place, between 2 closets, shelves, drawers, etc. I would love to redo my closet but sadly my options are limited in my current situation. 

Found on Pinterest from Goop
One of the ways I have been trying to organize my closet is by making sure that I am only keeping things that fit with my style, my activities and that I would wear. I have also been looking through Pinterest at ideas of dream closets and organization. I think that people have great ideas and I love to see how I could incorporate it into my current space or file it away to use in the future if I move.


Image found on Pinterest from My Domaine
My dream closet has a list of things that I would love to have. Here are some just to name a few:

1. Walk-in
2. A vanity inside
3. A seat where I can put on shoes or throw clothes on (temporarily, of course)
4. A place for everything inside one room (all season clothes, shoes, accessories, purses, etc)
5. A full-length large mirror
6. Great lighting

Image found on Pinterest from The Every Girl
If you can't find anywhere to put items that you may want to keep but don't have room for right now so that you can make your dream closet, there are always storage units that you can rent out. I was emailed about this one around me called MakeSpace. Their self-storage units are located in a couple of major cities right now in the United States (including DC!) and expanding to more places soon. I think companies like this are great because you can rent by the size that you need and they will even help you move it. This could work for any room in your house (maybe a basement, attic, extra living room, office, etc).


What is a feature you want in a dream closet?

Comments