Winter Fashion: Go To Outfit

The weather here in Washington, DC has been interesting. One day it will be in the 20s and the next it will be near the 60s. 

One of my go to outfits is a sweater dress. It is warm enough to just pair with a cardigan and tights or just cool enough to just wear by itself.

Dress: Old ; Sweater: H&M (Similar) ; Shoes: American Eagle Payless (Similar) ; Belt: H&M (Similar)
When looking for a go to outfit, you have to look into all the activities that you may be doing. This includes work, get togethers, religious sermons (like church), or  everyday activities. This needs to be an outfit that can work for almost everything. 


When you have the outfit chosen it easy to make it look different just by the accessories or makeup look that you do. If I were to wear this outfit another day, I may pair with a red belt and shoes.


My makeup was kept pretty neutral because I wanted to play up the lips a little. First I used face and eye primers. Then I moved on to evening out my skin with a bb cream, powder, concealer, and under eye concealer. I added a bit of color back in with some bronzer and blush. Moving on to my eyes, I used my LORAC PRO palette for the eye makeup (cream all over, mauve and taupe mixed in the crease, lt. bronze on the lid, pewter and sable mixed in the outer v). To top off the eyes, I used liquid eyeliner on the top lash line. I ran mascara through my top and bottom lashes and also ran some brow gel through my brows. To do a bit of a statement lip, I used a dark purple/raspberry called Fearless.

I think a go to outfit is essential for when you are having one of those 'I have nothing to wear!' days. We all know those days and we just stare at all the clothes in our closet. 



What is one of your go to outfits for winter?


Comments