Winter Fashion: Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! It doesn't matter if your single or in a relationship, you should should spend this day by telling people you love that you love them.

If you are planning a last minute event for tonight, whether it is a girls night or a date night, here is an outfit idea.



The unofficial colors of Valentine's Day is red, pink, and white. I wanted to go off the red and pair it with black. I chose a red dress (Old Navy, Similar), a black blazer (H&M, Similar), and some black heels (Payless). It's a classic look but it can work for most events that you may have planned for the evening.



I paired it with a waist belt (H&M, Similar) and a wristlet (Similar). I thought that accessories should be black to make the dress stand out more. You can also wear this with tights if it is cold enough where you live. Having the dress as the focal point of the outfit helps with pairing accessories because you can pick colors form the main piece or colors that you know would look great together.



If you are going somewhere where you are not eating much I think a statement lip would go nicely. First I used face and eye primers. Then I moved on to evening out my skin with a bb creampowderconcealer, and under eye concealer. I added a bit of color back in with some bronzer and blush. Moving on to my eyes, I used my LORAC PRO palette for the eye makeup (cream all over, mauve and taupe mixed in the crease, lt. bronze on the lid, pewter and sable mixed in the outer v). To top off the eyes, I used liquid eyeliner on the top lash line. I ran mascara through my top and bottom lashes and also ran some brow gel through my brows. To do a bit of a statement lip, I used a bright neutral red called Kiss.

No matter what your plans are today, make sure you enjoy it, whether you are having a movie marathon at home, hanging out with friends, or going on a date.


What are your Valentine's Day outfits?

Comments