Carry-On Luggage Options

The travel bug has really hit me hard lately. Besides going down to Williamsburg, VA for a weekend every now and then, I haven't traveled in the past 3 years. Plus if you haven't noticed lately, the Mid-Atlantic (DC area) is suppose to be hit with tons of snow this weekend so who wouldn't want to escape to somewhere warm. If you haven't seen my last post about places I want to visit, you should check it out.

Before I travel anywhere I want to get a nice luggage set. I've never really had one and I don't really have a carry-on bag. I've been researching some lately but I also found that the International Airline Transportation Association (IATA) is thinking about a new guide line where the max for a carry-on bag is 22” x 14” x 9” to make sure that all (or almost all) passengers can put their bag in the overhead bin. Now they aren't going to make it mandatory for all airlines to have this regulation but I feel like if you get it now, then when/if airlines do have this max then you won't have to go out to get a new luggage.

So I've been looking for carry-ons that are that size, however has the IATA just came out with this size in June 2015, there aren't as many options.


Here are a couple that I have been eyeing lately (either at that size or close)


   
1. Delsey Chatelet 19" Carry On Spinner Trolley - $230 (Also available in 21" - $250)
2. Delsey Embleme Carry-On Spinner Trolley 19" - $180
3. Flight 001 Revo 20" Luna Carry-On - $230
4. Vera Bradley Lighten Up Wheeled Carry-On Luggage 21" - $198
5. Diane Von Furstenberg Adieu 18" Carry-On Hardside Spinner Suitcase -
$280

6. Herschel Supply Co 'Trade - Small' Rolling Hard Shell Suitcase 20" - $250
7. Delsey Sky 2.0 Carry-On Expandable Spinner Trolley 20" - $100
8. Vera Bradley Weekender Travel Bag 18" - $148 (Also available in 21" - $158)
9. Longchamp 'Le Pliage' Expandable Travel Bag 21" - $255





What's you're thought on this new size?
Where is a place you would like to travel in 2016? 

Comments