If I Could Fly Part 2

Ok just a fair warning this is a two part blog post. 


Now onward ....


So if you read my first part, you know that I've been planning trips but never booking. I also thought it would be nice to share some ideas on what I would pack for these trips. Now these fashion choices are chosen for vacationing in a warm climate (if you want to see what I would choose for a colder climate, let me know!). I'm hoping these might give you some ideas if you have a trip coming up and aren't sure where to start.

Now fashion should be chosen based on what the temperature will be like, what you will be doing, if you need anything formal, if you're going to be active, etc.


I want to start with time at the beach or pool or lake (pretty much any body of water).



For a beach day you don't want to carry too much and you don't need that many clothes. I feel like depending on how long your vacation is (and how much beach time you're planning) 2 swimsuits is enough, you can even bring an extra bottom or top just in case. I also feel like swim short are an essential (because sometimes you just don't want to shave or you're going in an area where you should be more protected). You can't forget your cover up, towel, flip flops, hat, or sunglasses. Of course you also need a bag to carry all this stuff.


Here we have the daytime attire.


Day time is so different depending on your vacation. Some people spend all day at the beach. Some people go shopping in the local area. Some even go site seeing. I put together a generic selection that might tailor to everyones needs. First of all you have to have an easy throw together outfit (most of the time this is a one piece attire) whether it's a dress or a romper or something. Next you need a couple of every occasion pieces : structured shorts (could be flowy or twill or jeans), skirts (could be structured or flowy), and tops (could be casual nice, t-shirt, and dressier). For shoes there are three essentials : exercise shoes (if you'll be on your feet all day), walking sandals (if your feet get too hot if you're on them for a long time but you still want to be comfy and cute), and you need nice shoes (I like these because they are cute and they have a little bit of a wedge but still comfy). If you're going in and out of buildings (museums, shopping, eating, etc) then you might get cold. I find it is best to bring a lightweight sweater or sweatshirt that can easily be put into a bag. The best bags to carry for every day activities is a backpack or a nice sized crossbody.


Here we have the nighttime attire.


Night time is tricky. I know on cruises you have a formal nice in the main dining room (If you go on on a cruise, do not miss this night they have the best food! and plus who doesn't love an opportunity to dress up and wear formal clothes?). You also might be planning a date night. Or there are are bars and clubs you could be going too. Or even just enjoying the night and relaxing. If you have a formal to go to I would plan for a dress and shoes. If you're planning on a date night I would say go for a dress and heels. If you're planning just a night out you can go with a shirt and a skirt or pants combo with either ankle boots or the flats from the trip over or the heels from date night. If you're planning to just chill I would say throw on a maxi skirt and a top. At night it normally gets cold so you could either go for a classy jacket or an edgier jacket. Of course you can not forget a way to carry all your things. I would go for either a crossbody or a wristlet.


If you want to see more outfit packing lists then check out my Pinterest board.



If you need ideas of places to go or things to do check out my two Pinterest boards here and here.


If you could go anywhere for 2 weeks this summer, where would you go?

Comments