If I Could Fly Part 1

Ok just a fair warning this is a two part blog post.
Part 2 can be found here for further reading.


Now onward....


Have you ever planned vacations (look at places, hotel/air fares, things to do, etc.) that you most likely wont go on but would love to just jump on a plane and be there? No? Just me? Ok well I've been doing that a lot lately. Let's see I've planned a week trip to Bermuda, a couple days trip to Florida beaches, and a couple of days trip to Norfolk, VA. I just love planing trips but I have no one to go with (Anyone want to go a trip together?).

So I thought even though I have not booked any of these trips, I would share what I would pack for them as if I was going. It might give you some ideas if you have a trip coming up and aren't sure where to start.


I want to start with the trip there whether it is in a bus, train, car, plane, or boat.


Now when I travel I want to be in the most comfortable clothes but also look kind of cute. My ideal travel outfit is to have a shirt or sweatshirt with travel sayings on it + yoga pants that look like normal pants + flats. Now in my carry-on I would have fuzzy socks for when my feet get cold on the plane, a travel blanket + pillow, my electronics (computer, ipod, iphone, ipad, camera, headphones, etc), my travel documents, and a book to read. You also have to have mentos or something to eat in your bag if you need something to concentrate on so your ears don't pop or if you just get hungry. I would also have some of my beauty items or odds and ends, but this is the basics (If I do go on a trip I will definitely post all of which I carry). Now while traveling you might also have a suitcase (depending on how many nights you're going for) and I would say a week can fit into the overhead but anything over that I would say check-in. Also never forget to mark your luggage with something to identify it with (luggage tag, string, stickers, etc).


Onto the beauty things that should be (in my opinion) brought on this trip.


There are three bags that should be carried for your beauty essentials : a makeup bag, a toiletry bag, and a jewelry bag. If you need other bags, then great, even more ways to be organized and prepared. 

In the makeup bag I would narrow down what you need based on the weather and what you will be doing. Honestly half the time I probably wouldn't be putting on makeup if I was touring ruins in 90+ temperature all day (but that's just me). If I were choosing the makeup to bring on my trip I would bring a BB Cream, Powder Foundation, Powder, Foundation (only if I was getting dressed up for a dinner or something. This could be liquid or stick depending on the type of packaging and finish you want), Concealers (Under Eye & Blemish), Eye Shadow and Cheek Colors (find it in one palette that you love or bring singles), Mascara, Eyeliner (Pencil & Liquid), Brows (whatever way you normally fill them in), Lips (Liner, Treatment, & Color), and Primers (Face, Eye, Spray) & Setting Sprays. I would bring things that require no fuss or extra attention so automatic sharpening, no gel liner, etc. I would also bring any tools you would need (brushes, sponge, lash curler, cleaner, etc).

In the toiletry bag look at how many days you are gone for because then you know how much to bring. Make sure to decanter or buy minis of all your liquid items (skincare, hair care, sun care, tooth paste, perfume, or shaving items). You also don't want to forget your tooth brush, deodorant, and any other item that you may need. I would not use this time to try out new products just because you have a sample of it. You don't know how you will react and then your vacation wont be a happy time if you react badly.

In the jewelry bag look at your outfits you have planned and bring jewelry according to that. If you plan right, you can reuse jewlery for different outfits.

Other items to bring would be hair care (straigtener, curler, hair brush & comb, hairdryer, etc). With electronics, I would check if they can work with the outlets, if another person in your group is planning to bring it, or if the hotel may have it.


If you want to see more beauty packing list then check out my Pinterest board.



Stay tuned for a part two that will include fashion pieces.


What is a necessity that you bring on trips with you?


Comments