Summer Daytime Makeup Routine

Summer is the time of year when I really don't like wearing anything on my face. I just feel like it is going to slide off because the heat and humidity.

My everyday makeup (if I decided to wear any) is very minimal. It consists of Concealer and tinted powder. Sometimes it includes mascara but more often, it doesn't.

Sometimes I do feel like going all out with my makeup during the day. I like to experiment sometimes and try new colors. Lately these are the products that I have been going for.


It looks pretty minimal compared to some people, but honestly that's a lot of products for me. I mean sometimes I change out a tinted brow gel for a brow pencil and clear gel or I add a bronzer. I even change out the lip color to match what outfit I'm wearing (or I wear no lip color).

Eyeshadow Base ; Eyeshadow Palette ; Smaller Wand Mascara ; Thicker Wand Mascara ; Tinted Brow Gel

My eyes are what I normally change up the most. First I put on an eye shadow primer because of how humid it is outside (and if I'm doing the effort for my eyes, I want it to last). Which colors I use all depends on the type of eye look that I want. If I want a simple one I just do the lightest color on the lid and then the matte mauve in the crease. If I want to go bolder, then I experiment and mix colors to create something unique. I have 2 mascaras mainly to have a smaller wand for the lower lashes and a thicker wand for the upper lashes but sometimes I use both on the upper lashes and the smaller wand on the lower lashes. For brows I try to keep it minimal since I already have pretty full brows so I normally just use a tinted brow gel (sometimes my brows look done even without anything in them so I just leave them alone at those times).

Primer Water/Setting Mist ; Face Primer ; BB Cream ; Concealer ; Translucent Powder ; Blush ; Lipstick (05)

My face is always kept minimal but I try to make it last throughout the day (I don't like touching up and I don't like the feeling of something heavy on my face). I start out with skincare (which is more or less the same as my last skin routine update) and then I spray my face with the primer water. This just calms my face and smooths down any dry patches. Then I use a mattifying primer mainly on my T-zone because that's where I get the most oily throughout the day. I keep the base light and use a BB Cream (it has SPF!) but this one has a light to medium coverage and the color matches me pretty well (which is hard to find). Concealer I mainly use around my eyes and on any blemishes or redness (since my base is light). I finish off the base with translucent powder to make sure nothing creases. My blush color can change but most often I use a baby pink because it goes with almost anything. I sometimes add a bronzer if I'm feeling brave but I normally don't. I will spray my face again with the primer water to make my face not look like it has so much powder. My lip color always changes (if I decide to wear one) depending on what look I am going for.


This look looks a little more amped up then just concealer and powder. It gives the eyes a little more dimension and the lips a little color.


Here you can see the use of color in the eyes a little more. It allows the eyes to stand out and be noticed.

Summer is an amazing time to play with makeup. You can use a lot more color then you normally would because it will stand out more. I would have loved to do some color on the bottom lash line but I don't really have any colored eye shadows or liners.


What is your go to summer makeup look?



Comments