Polka Dots and Moose

Ever have an outfit that you are just excited to wear? Well it wasn't really the outfit as the accessory. If you have seen my About Page (if not, you really should), then you will know that my favorite animal is the moose. Random I know, but it has been since I was 10. Well I got a moose scarf from my parents for Christmas this past year and I haven't really been able to wear it yet.


That is until this past weekend.

This past weekend my family decided to go see some museums around the Washington, DC area. If you follow me on Twitter (if not, then you should), then you would know that this past Saturday was free museum day (official title is Museum Day Live) around the United States. Free museum day is when some museums around the country allow you to get in free when you would normally have to pay admission charges. We decided to go the Gadsby's Tavern & Museum in Old Town Alexandria, VA and then my mom and I went to the Newseum in Washington, DC. I didn't take to many photos inside each of these places because I was just enjoying the time.


I want to spice things up and start this post out with the makeup that I wore. 
First I started with my base of a fresh face and then I added my primers (eye and face). After that I added my concealers (blemish and under eye). To even out my skin I added a BB Cream and powder. To add some color back to my skin I added some blush. To lock all this in, I added a little setting spray.
For the eyes, I used my LORAC PRO Palette and created a kinda neutral eye (placing Taupe in the crease, patting Lt. Bronze all over the lid, and then blending with Sable in the outer v and crease). I ran a small wand mascara on both my top and bottom lashes and then I added a voluminous mascara on the top lashes.
My lips were mostly left bare. When I thought about it I threw on a sheer mauve color (similar in Sheer Liar).


My outfit was centered around the scarf (similar). I knew that it was going to be in the mid 70s that day and that I could always use the scarf as a shall because it is that big. It's sheer but big.


To pair with the scarf I went with a red tank top (similar), a black and white polka dot skirt which is homemade (can't find anything similar right now), a black belt around the waist (similar & similar), and some moto boots (similar & similar). My favorite color combination is red and black so I thought this fit perfectly.


I think this is a great outfit for almost any situation. It can work for a family outing, a night out, hanging out with friends, or even a date night. 

Even though there are no photos of the museums, I do highly recommend going if you're in the area. I especially recommend Gadsby's Tavern and Museum (make sure to go to the tavern for lunch or dinner if you love colonial food).



What is an accessory that you love planning an outfit around?



Comments